“Private” Parts!?

Surprising exhibition at Belmacz of some of the erotic drawings of Duncan Grant on loan from Charleston Farmhouse.

I say surprising as I didn’t know they’d lent any plus I didn’t know the Gallery! I just walked past on my way to Oxford Street and found them.

The show was curated by two contemporary artists, Jakob Lena Knebl and Ashley Hans Scheirl, who had designed the space and included some of their own work from the 1980s.

I had already seen the exhibition of drawings at Charleston and I think if anything some of these were more acrobatic! They also seemed to include more women. They were beautiful displayed and it was good to find some of the works in a different context.

Closed 23 December 2022

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1