Europe's 100 Best Cathedrals

Enjoyable online lecture from ARTscapades with Simon Jenkin’s introducing his book on European cathedrals. 

The talk was a lovely travelog through a journey Jenkins had taken around the continent to view cathedrals with fabulous illustrations. Through this he also took us loosely through the chronology of ecclesiastical architecture. He also looked at how these buildings developed via pilgrimage and crusades.

I liked the fact he came up to date with the quirky Sagrada Família in Barcelona.

He introduced me to lots of buildings I didn’t know and made me what to tour Europe too. I particularly loved his illustrations of sculptures on West Fronts.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1