Chihuly: Reflections on Nature


Fabulous exhibition at Kew Gardens of work by the glass artist Chihuly.

Chihuly’s large scale pieces where shown around the gardens, hidden amongst the planting and inside various buildings and provided huge pops of colour. I am very fond of his wonderful glass sculptures and it was lovely to see them in a different context and out of doors. I wish I’d managed to go a few times to see the work in different lights.

I think my favourite was the beautiful white installation in the water lily house with lily like white works shown on the water amongst the flowers so the reflections added to the work and it could be seen from all angles. I also loved the specially commissioned blue chandelier in the Temperate house.

It was also lovely to see some of his drawings and smaller works in the art gallery there. There were tableaux of the work and a chance to get very close and see it’s intricacies in detail.

Closes 27 October 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1