Jan Fabre: Knight of the Night

Strange exhibition at the Ronchini Gallery of work by Jan Fabre.

OK I’ll admit I’d done a lot on the day I saw this so I’d probably had art overload! Yes even I can do too much! The show consisted of a video, made in 2004, of the artist, in medieval armour battling himself for five hours in what looked like a warehouse. Why would you do that? Did the video last 5 hours? Who would watch it?

This was shown with sculptures made from the wings of scarab beetles with of pieces of armour or skulls. I did like the skulls in wonderful iridescent colours. However some of the quotes from the artist sent me running for a reviving cup of tea! “As I write this my ego is starting to float around the living room.”  I think having typed that I’m off for another one!

Closed on 12 March 2016

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1