The horse : from Arabia to Royal Ascot



Slightly disjointed exhibition at the British Museum tracing the horse from its earliest origins to the race horses of today.

Each bit of the exhibition was very good but I wasn’t sure the bits fitted together.  I would have preferred three exhibitions the horse in the classical world, the horse in Islam and the growth of the modern race horse. 

I liked the last section best on race horses in particular the work of Blunts who were the first English people to collect Arabian horse and started a stud in England. I loved the illustrations of  their travels. I was also fascinated to see the development from UK race horse from just three foundation stud horses. A friend had described this to me a while ago at Goodwood races so it was nice to find out more and relive happy memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1