Peter Blake and Pop Music


Fascinating exhibition at Pallant House in Chichester looking at work relating to pop music by Peter Blake.

I found this very interesting as I must admit my knowledge of Peter Blake’s work in this field didn’t extend much further than Sergeant Pepper. I hadn’t even realised he had done the cover design for Band Aid, sorry! However now I know a lot more.

I was particularly interest that he had taught Ian Dury and that this had led to a life long friendship. I was very moved to see Dury’s rhythm stick as designed by Blake.

Going back to Sergeant Pepper again it was lovely to see items which had been included in the iconic picture such a the small Snow White figure.

Reviews


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1