Road to 2012: Aiming High


Great exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery of photographs commissioned from four photographers to record people from the London 2012 Olympics, not only sports people but also torch bearers, builders, chefs and anyone else you could think of.

Seeing this post Olympics made me quite nostalgic and yet it only finished a week ago!

I loved the free standing almost full sized photos of torch bearers by Nada Kander particularly the little older lady holding a tissue! They were so realistic they felt like people sharing the space with you.

I also liked the almost super real photos of Anderson and Low. My eye was caught by the picture of the men’s rowing eight but I think that had as much to do with the men and the quality of the photo!

Reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1