Vanessa Bell: A Pioneer of Modern Art

Disappointing exhibition at the Courtauld Gallery of work by Vanessa Bell.

I only say disappointing as I wanted more! As anyone who reads me will know I love the work of the Bloomsbury Group so of course I would want more than a small show could offer.

The works were drawn from the gallery’s own collection mainly from the donations by Roger Fry and his daughter but it also included a work bought by Samuel Courtauld. There was a nice selection of still-lives and designs for rugs and a screen alongside her early cutting-edge work “The Conversation”.

I loved this early still life of the view from Bell’s Paris studio.

Closes 6 October 2024


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

The Renaissance Nude