Crosscurrents- Armenia

Interesting exhibition at the Redfern Gallery of work by three artists who have drawn from their experiences of Armenia to explore the role of landscape in cultural memory.

I didn’t really understand the link in the show but I did like the work. My favourites were Eleanor Ekserdjian’s landscapes particularly the painted less abstract ones although I also like her vibrant black and white works which felt more like drawings.

Sam Chatto did lovely ceramics which, like Ekserdjian’s work, there was conventional small pots and more sculptural work.

Nouneh Sarkissian work was the most colourful with small vibrant pieces called Windows which I took to represented views through windows.

Closed 12 July 2024

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

The Renaissance Nude