Tai Shan Schierenberg : Mixed Emotions

Beautiful exhibition at Flowers Gallery of new work by Tai Shan Schierenberg.

I loved this large colourful works exploring Schierenberg’s German and Chinese Malaysian heritage via portraits and landscapes. I know him best as a judge on Sky Arts annual paintings completions but had seen and liked his work in this gallery before.

My favourite was this church interior with a boat. It reminded me of Italian church interiors which I Iove but also the last room of the recent Yoko Ono exhibition. I also liked this beautiful big portrait of a woman and dog. I can always be won over by a good dog portrait!

Closed 22 June 2024


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

The Renaissance Nude