Inside Job : Staff Biennale 2022

Intriguing exhibition at Tate Modern of work by people who work at or volunteer at their galleries.

The show was a wonderful mix of objects and paintings and a selection of video pieces were also being shown on old television sets. The pieces were nicely curated, which was not easy as many of them were quite small, and shown in display cases and on room dividers on one of the upper floors of the Blavatnik building.

I admit I went because a friend, Alexandra Abraham, had work in the show including this small sculpture made from mud larked finds and old beads. Her work is so delicate. I also liked a stone with words on it by Mhairi Vari, I think looking again they are the texts of emails and this sweet figure made up of pieces of broken china but I’m afraid I didn’t make a note of the artist.

I’ll certainly look out for this show again in two years’ time.

Closed 23 March 2022


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1