CONNECT : Art Fair

Fun art fair at the Mall Galleries combining contemporary and fine art in a friendly environment.

This show bills itself as “the art fair staged by dealers for art lovers” and it was a great chance to get to know some new galleries and artists. A number of the galleries were from outside London so I had not come across them before.

A lot of prices were quite reasonable but there was some more high end prices. The most expensive piece I spotted was a David Hockney print at £60,000.  I loved Elizabeth Harvey-Lees lovely display of prints including some Old Master works and had an interesting conversation on Stephen Lacey Modern and Contemporaries stall about Patricia Preece, Stanley Spencer’s second wife.

I discovered lots of artists who were new to me too from Colin Willey’s seascapes, one of which illustrates this story, Anne Songhurst’s hyper-real still lives and Melissa Scott Miller’s urban landscapes.

I’ll definitely look out for this show again next year.

Closed 27 March 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1