Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair

Cumbersome online exhibition for the annual Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair.

I go to this show each year as I live in Woolwich and always enjoy it. It has a good variety of artists and is shown in a big space with a relaxed atmosphere but I am afraid I found their online version quite hard to navigate. It took me a while to realise there was a ‘walk round’ option and I didn’t find it that natural to navigate around however it did give you a chance to see works from a distance and to get some idea of relative sizes.

There was a good section on the artists but that only seemed to show one picture by each of them and not to link to prices and pieces to buy. I found that in a different section.  I did like the curated selections such as Collectors Picks or the Lockdown 2.0 section as these gave more manageable numbers of works to look at with all the information in one place but it did leave you feeling you might have missed something, They are also running some interesting online talks so watch out for these here next week.

Having said all this there was some lovely work. I liked this geometric work by Fiona Grady but mainly I was drawn to the more detailed pictures like Lindsay Moran’s delicate picture of hanging light bulbs and James Seow’s print of a greenhouse.

Closes 13 December 2020.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1