Tigers Rags: The Fabric of Hull City AFC

Strange exhibition at the Streetlife Museum of Transport in Hull looking at the evolution of the Hull City football team’s kit.

Maybe this just proved I’ll go and see anything but actually once you started to look properly and read the commentary it was quite interesting. I missed the bit which said why the team plays in black and orange however it has given rise to their nickname of the Tigers. I loved the slightly dodgy period when the kit imitated tiger stripes, a very 70s image.

I liked the story that the team played in purple for a while but lost twice so never wore the shirts again. I was also interesting to see the strange sponsors they’d had over the years including Cash Converters and Flamingo Park.

Closes on 2 October 2017

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1