Hans Arp : Chance – form – language (and a FRANZWESTigation)

Baffling exhibition at Hauser & Wirth of sculptures by Hans Arp.

I must admit I just didn’t get this show! It was my 5th one of the day so maybe I was tired but it seemed very stark and uninformative! Since reading the press release I have realized Arp’s work was being shown with work by Franz West including what I assumed was a rather old sofa in the corner! I also wasn’t sure who the poetry on the walls and being read out was by and why it was there. I do think a show, whether you like it or not, should be fairly self-evident and this wasn’t! Maybe a few more labels would have helped!

As you know I don’t always  respond well to abstract work and this was one of those occasions, sorry!

Review
Evening Standard

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1