The River: Dale Inglis


Stunning exhibition at the National Theatre of pictures of the Thames by Dale Inglis.

These were mixed media work, mainly with wonderful, slightly Whistler like pictures of the river painted on recycled materials. I spotted envelopes, Christmas cards and packing material in there. This gave the works a rough finish. They worked best when either very large or in massed ranks of 9 or more images.

I so wanted to buy one but most of the reasonably prices ones had sold already. I travel to work by Thames Clipper so I see the river in all lights and these pictures really spoke to me.

Some big company near Cannon Street need to buy the large picture of the bridge as it needs to sit in a big space but with the chance to see the real view at the same time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1