Richard Rogers RA: Inside out

Interesting exhibition at the Royal Academy looking at the life and work of the architect Richard Rogers.

The exhibition was a bit dense and wordy but did introduce interesting ideas about buildings and their effect on the space around them. I was particularly interested in his ideas for improving London both those suggested in the 1980s and his latest ideas.

I understood the way the exhibition was arranged in themes but at times the story being told on the shelf round the room didn’t seem to match that being told above. Also it became a bit repetitive to see the same buildings in each section. I did have a moment where I thought I’d scream if the Pompidou Centre was used again.

It reminded me a bit of the elBulli exhibtion at Somerset House as it was as much about the creative process as the buildings themselves. An interesting new theme in exhibitions?

Reviews
Telegraph

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1