Artistic Uprisings: French and Impressionist Art

Small exhibition at the National Museum of Wales looking at artists who fought against the academic artistic traditions in 19th century France.

There were some beautiful pictures in the exhibition such as a Cezanne still life of apples and a teapot and a Monet water lilies however I found the theme got a bit lost. I wasn’t too sure if this was an exhibition or just their Impressionist gallery so probably did not pay enough attention to the labels! The write up on the website was really interesting but it all passed me by in the room.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Claudia

http://paintingdrawing.net
Cathy Linacre said…
Thanks Jacob. I'm quite chuffed at having a fan! I'd forgotten about this exhibtion in Cardiff so your comment was a nice reminder!

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1