Triple Trouble

Quirky exhibition at the Newport Street Gallery featuring work by Damian Hirst, Shepard Fairley and Invader.

Fairley and Invader are both street artists and I'll admit I'm not very knowledgeable on street art so I didn't know their work, however this exhibition shows their work alongside collaborations between both of them and Hirst.

At times it felt like an amusing mickey take of each other such as this work by Hirst and Invader using the latter's iconic symbol. Works included butterfly pictures and different takes on Hirst's spot pictures. 

I would have liked a bit more explanation, but I gather this comes in an interview with the artists in the accompanying catalogue but I'd afraid I wasn't up for a big purchase. Evidently there was an extract in a free exhibition newspaper but as I went in the last week there was no sign of these.

Closed 29 March 2026


Review

Guardian


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Titian's The Aldobrandini Madonna : a longer look

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Tai Shan Schierenberg: Men Without Women