Premiums 2026 part 2

Intriguing exhibition at the Royal Academy of work by ten 2nd year students at the RA Schools.

Sadly I missed the first of this series of shows this year. Thanks to the security guard on duty who pointed out one of the works to me which was hidden on the side of a pillar and looks just like the room’s control box next to it. I was trying to work out which was the art!

Some of the work was interesting but I will make my usual complaint about these shows that the work needs more explanation. Without a bit of blurb it can be intriguing and attractive but impenetrable. I feel a short explanation by the students would also be a good way of helping them to sell their ideas in the future.

Anyway my favourite this time was this figure and 4 screen video by Huang Ziyue “Giraffe Neck Circling the Earth Three Times”. I loved the colours and humour but have no idea what it was saying.

A big shout out to Wincent Szczerba who had actually done a painting!

Closed 22 April 2026


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Titian's The Aldobrandini Madonna : a longer look

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Tai Shan Schierenberg: Men Without Women