Paws on the Wharf

Delightful sculpture trail around Canary Wharf of guide dog sculptures decorated by various artists.

The trail was to raise awareness of Guide Dogs and had been organised by them and Wild in Art. A number of the works were designed by artists with experience of sight loss and some featured tactile elements such as the black and white “Guide Lines” by Sue Guthrie where the back stripes were in a rough finish, or braille elements.

I managed to see all but two of the works. I loved Becky Smith’s “Life is Golden” which looked lovely on the sunny day when I went. I think my favourite was the Sherlock Holmes dog “Baskerville” by Mik Richardson.

An added bonus was chalking up my 10,000 steps, partly as I kept getting lost!

Closed 17 May 2024


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

The Renaissance Nude