Private & Public: Finding the Modern British Garden

Beautiful exhibition at the Garden Museum of works by early 20th century British artists of gardens and public spaces.

This turned out to be a selling show co-curated by dealers Liss Llewellyn to raise money for the museum’s education programme. It is a period of art I know well but I discovered a number of artists I don’t know. I was most interested in how many artist couples were represented.

There were some lovely works by Gilbert Spencer including the attached of a balcony in Devonshire Hill in Hampstead. I was introduced to the work of Charles Mahoney and Evelyn Dunbar and there were some beautiful Eric Ravilious pieces.

Closed 4 June 2023


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1