V&A Illustration Awards 2022

Interesting exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum of the winners of this year’s Illustration awards.

I always try to go to this show and I always discover new work I’d not come across before. There are four categories for a book cover, book illustration, journalistic illustration and student work.

My favourite this year, shown here, is a book cover by Kerry Hyndman for a Stella Gibbons book I’d not come across so I discovered a picture and a book.

As it was the 50th anniversary of the award there was a wall dedicated to previous winners and runners up and I remembered a few. It was odd to see Quintin Blake just getting a second in 1996.

Closes 9 October 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1