Gallery 31: Piece of Mind

Small exhibition at Somerset House looking at the role of the bedroom using art by five of the artists in the Somerset House Studios.

Curated by Lucia Rios Gonzalez and Jonny Tanna of the Harlesden High Street art space the show explores the changing function of the bedroom as more people work from home. I wasn’t always sure I could spot the link between the art work and the brief but there were some interest pieces.

I liked YA’s and Cassandra Burrell’s painted leather jacket but I wasn’t sure of the link to bedrooms. I preferred there plaster cast of books on a shelf with a face painted across the spines.

My favourite piece, shown here, was Tyreis Holder’s bright work in carpet which distorted the room. I also likes KO___LO’s use of the fireplace to display digital photo frames and memorabilia.

Closes 17 July 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1