Premiums Interim 1

Fun small exhibition at the Royal Academy of work by 2nd year students at the schools.

This was just one room but had the work of five artists. There was a handout identifying the works but I’d have liked to know a bit more about the ideas behind the pieces. I liked Oliver Tirre’s Perspex pieces and assumed they are saying something about transparency but it would have been interesting to know more. The same goes for Max Boyla’s canvas with a light bulb going on and off.

My favourite was Rachel Hobkirk’s giant picture of a baby doll. I think it was a Tiny Tears which made me very nostalgic. I was amused by the titles of Daniel Davies’s interior scenes “Untitled”, “Unfinished” and “Unsure”.

The room was dominated by Motunrayo Akinola’s installation which I took to be a take on a still life. It would have been good to know if I was in the right ballpark!

Closed 13 February 2022

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1