Dredd@45

Interesting exhibition at the Cartoon Museum looking at the evolution of the Judge Dredd character.

OK I admit I come to this with zero knowledge but, you know me, I’ll give anything a go! Evidently the character has been going for 45 years and as artwork and technology has evolved so has how he has been shown. The display looked at how eight artists had depicted him.

There was a rich variety of images and they were explained well. The one I show is by Tom Foster from 2016 for a film. The show included three steps in the developing the image, a photo of a friend posing, a digital recreation with added elements and this final finished image.

I loved a funny video about a day in the life of the current artist, sorry I forgot to note their name, and I did laugh out loud at it’s dry humour.

Closes 24 April 2022

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1