The Crown Costume Exhibition

Disappointing exhibition at Liberty of costumes from the new TV series “The Crown” on the life of the Queen.

I say disappointing because Facebook had kept advertising this to me and made it sound really good. They pointed you to an interview with the designer surrounded by various outfits. I thought it looked just up my street however when I got there there were only four outfits on display with one more in the window! I went all round the second floor assuming they’d be spread out round the department but no!

What was there was lovely. Two outfits for the Queen and two for Princess Margaret which had been used to point out the difference between them and their lives. Really interesting but I wanted a lot more! A good example of over raising expectations!

Closed on 13 November 2016.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1