Paths to Utopia

Confused exhibition at Kings College bringing together a collection of new art works based on collaborations between artists, performers, technologists and academics.

I just found most of these works just too obtuse and the explanations felt heavily academic and unreadable. However there were some interesting ideas.

I liked the Utopian lab where you could write a wish for stem cell research which you put in a test tube which went in an incubator but I wasn’t sure what happened after that! I also liked the idea of the choir of 50 strangers which had been brought together at Somerset House to perform a choral piece about what it’s like to live in a modern city.

Best for me, but probably for the wrong reasons, was “In Our Hands” which looked at the relationship between creativity and Utopia but most importantly included a number of works by Roget Fry from the Courtauld collection. I know these works well and it was nice to see them in a different context.

Closes on 2 October 2016

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1