Big Friendly Giant Dream Jar Trail

Fun sculpture trail around London based on the idea of the Big Friendly Giant’s Dream Jars to coincide with the new film.

I didn’t get around as many as I’d hoped but did find some fun ones! I liked one suggested by the Duchess of Cornwall whose dream was to share the magic of books with children. It is in St James Park and featured a sculpture of children reading on a pile of books. I also liked Steven Sondhiem’s pile of sweets and cakes in Leicester Square.

A bit further afield was “Safe” by Ryan McElhinney by the Globe Theatre where the jar was balanced on large hand and supporting and protecting the small girl and her teddy bear inside. I still have a few more days to mop up a few more.

My favourite was the Team GB one in Trafalgar Square which started out empty before the Olympics but gradually filled up with medals as the team won them. I wonder who ran out at night to add the new ones?

Closes on 31 August 2016

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1