Virtual Control: Security and the Urban Imagination

Confused exhibition at the RIBA looking at how areas which are nominally public but are owned and managed by commercial bodies use camouflaged surveillance for security and possibly to manipulate behaviour.

This is what the leaflet told me anyway but I didn’t feel any sense of this being the theme. It all seemed a little random. There was an emphasis on a series of photographs by Max Colson which explored these themes but in rather a tangential way.

OK I know I go to anything and therefore sometimes there are off things I end up at which have little relevance to me but this did as I live on a development which is also being promoted as a destination with museums and pubs so I should have got something from it but I didn’t!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1