Dineo Seshee Bopape: Slow-co-ruption

Strange exhibition at the Hayward Gallery of work by South African artist Dineo Seshee Bopape.

The centre piece of the first room was a rather messy sculpture made with everyday objects. It was hard to tell if bits were meant to be on the floor or if they’d dropped off! Evidently it was meant to “engage the viewer with powerful socio-political notions of memory, narration and representation”. I have no idea what that means and I’m not sure it did!

The video in the second room was more endearing as it had domestic objects and farm animals in an animation sequence. I caught a rotating rabbit which had a certain charm but again I have no idea what it meant.

Two weeks on I have no memory of the video in the third room only that I didn’t stay in there very long!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1