Something thrown in the way of the observer

Interesting exhibition at the Museum Van Loon in Amsterdam by six contemporary artists taking objects in the museum as a starting point in order to question their impact on our lives.

I liked Richtje Reinsma’s formally displayed crumpled paper shown under family portraits which I assume was a comment on photography and Batia Suter’s installation on table tops showing photocopies of wood grain which made you look at the material of the table more closely.

I didn’t really understand Rosa Sijben’s orange rectangles which looked like bars of soap which were scattered around the space.

I thought this was an interesting idea to make you look at individual objects in the museum rather than just the overall effect however as this was the first time I’d been to the house I did find it slightly distracting.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1