Parallels - Lithuanian Architecture: Three Eras, Three Faces

Interesting but slightly worthy exhibition at the RIBA looking at 20th century Lithuanian architecture.

It looked at three periods in the country’s recent history and then under themes such as housing, leisure etc took an example from each period.

I thought the modern period came out of it best and I loved the Zarasas Lake panoramic path, although I am not sure I’d be brave enough to walk on it! I also liked the 1940s house.

There was a lot to read in the exhibition but not so much to see which seemed a strange balance, It was worth reading to see some of the stories of the buildings such as the church the country clubbed together to build by buying stamps at the value of a brick but by the time it was built the soviet era had started and it became a factory!


The two videos were interesting but I would say if there is no sound track just annoying music please turn it off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1