Brighton Open Houses weekend 1

In two days I did 29 of the open houses which are part of the Brighton Festival focusing on the Five Ways and Hove trails!
I

There were some lovely things but I must admit after about 10 some of the houses have merged in my head! Exhibits raged from jewellery made from old watches, lots of ceramics, stained glass, paintings, sculptures and a garden full of upside down heads!

My favourite paintings were the seascapes by Dion Salvador Lloyd which had a slightly abstract quality but really showed how light plays on the sea. I succumbed to a vase with the crackle of the glaze at the bottom representing a pebbly beach and a blue tip with seagulls on it, very Brighton! Also some stained glass bunting for the balcony!

Roll on next weekend!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1