Brighton Open Houses preview night

I was kindly invited to a couple of Open House preview evenings for the Brighton Festival so I thought it was only polite if I’d drunk their wine, to blog them separately to my mass visiting which I’ll blog later!

The first stop was actually a church rather than a house, St John the Evangelist’s Church in Knoyle Road. The centrepiece of their display was a fascinating work by Annelies Clarke called the Seven Sisters the first part of a work to interpret the Book of Revelations. These seven pictures address the first chapters of the book but she hopes to work through the whole thing. There were also fabulous clocks by Christian Cotton.

The second house was Jo Sweetings in Ashford Road. Jo is a wonderful stone carver and the friend I was with had bought me a pebble with my initial on for Christmas made by her. I loved a new piece she’d made a memorial for the football ground. I also like the pottery there by Judith Rowe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1