Landmark: The Fields of Photography

Interesting exhibition at Somerset House of landscape photography looking at both the grandeur of natural landscape and what man has done to the landscape.

This exhibition was much bigger than I expected and occupied the relatively newly renovated East Wing but also expanded in to the East Galleries by the river. I’d never realized how those spaces linked up so that was quite exciting in itself!

I think the best way to tackle this is to mention my highlights. I loved a panorama of the Grand Canyon in different lights by Mark Klett and Bryon Wolfe which was a nice response to Ansel Adams.

I liked the section of construction work at odd stages such as the one of scaffolding holding up the end of an overpass. More small scale was a nice study of the windows of a French chateau by Stephane Courturier.

Most interesting in the section on damage done by man was an oil platform in the middle of an oil spill by Daniel Beltra.

Review
Evening Standard

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1