Kandinsky

Major exhibition at the Guggenheim Museum in New York on the life and works of Vasily Kandinsky.

Sadly I’ll be blunt, I didn’t like it. I found the art hard work and it was not helped by the building. It began at the bottom so you were always walking up the slope of the exhibition space and I felt the whole thing felt like pushing a rock uphill. I felt it might of worked better if it had started at the top and worked down.

I liked the fact it linked the art to music of the time but sadly it was not music I related to well either! I think I discovered that I really don’t like abstract art I need some sort of figurative element and yet I like Rothko!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1