Anish Kapoor

Exhibition at the Royal Academy showing recent work by Anish Kapoor.

It had more of a feeling of a ‘happening’ than an exhibition. There were just a few works but what there were were big anf the viewers became part of the exhibition.

I loved the big block of wax moving through the galleries but did worry that they might never get the doorways clean. I loved the fact that lots of people stood patiently waiting for the block to clear a door and then all clapped!

The canon blowing wax at a wall is exciting but not as anarchic when you realise it goes off every 20 minutes in a side room which you have to queue up to go in.

I’m not sure what it was all about but I didn’t care, I just liked it!

Reviews
Times
Guardian
Daily Telegraph
Independent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1