Le Corbusier

Good exhibition on the life and work of Le Corbusier at the Metropolitan Cathedral in Liverpool.

Just realised I missed this exhibition off my Liverpool Odyssey! Not sure why as it was very good! It was held in the crypt which was also a good opportunity to see this work by Lutchens.

I found the architecture was much nicer from the inside than the outside and often addressed very practical issues. I loved the kitchen for a block of flats complete with a small hatch that the milk man could leave the daily delivery in.

I was also struck by the paintings by Le Corbusier. I’d not thought of him as a painter and they were very fine.

Reviews
Times
Daily Telegraph

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1