Skate 50
Innovative exhibition at the Royal Festival Hall looking at 50 years of skate boarding in the undercroft there.
The show was actually in the covered bit of the undercroft behind the skateboard area. It was slightly odd in that it was mainly videos shown on 5 or 6 screens with a timeline round the room however I found myself getting sucked in by the timeline with details of how it built up and how it’s been threatened over the years.
I didn’t have very long to watch the videos, but they seemed to be the stories of users of the space over the years. The timeline had mentioned a lot of films which had been made there so boarding and film making seem to have gone hand in hand.
I loved the fact you sat on benches like skateboard ramps to watch the films which were shown one by one across all the screens.
Closed 21 June 2026
Review


Comments