Gallery 31: Create, Capture, Organise, Pluralise

Puzzling exhibition at Somerset House of work by four contemporary artists who have been in residence in the Somerset House Studios on the theme of the body as an archive.

I must admit I found the handout impenetrable and really didn’t understand what the art works were trying to do other than it was about bodies containing the past and present. I didn’t have the patience to watch the video by Josiane M.H. Pozi in such a cramped space. Majed Aslam presented pharma-chemically modified photographs, not I’m not too sure either!

The picture is of Col Self work on the idea of the mid-phases in sculptural work which I think I understand but don’t hold me to it.

Closed 31 August 3021

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1