Fragments in Time

Interesting sculpture trail on the King William Lawns of the Old Royal Naval College by Josie Spencer.

I found these works by chance as I walked around Greenwich. I saw no adverts for them within the Painted Hall, where I had just been, and on explanation of them on site while I was there. I caught the eye of another lady who also looked intrigued but puzzled. I was therefore glad to find more information online later to realise that this was a temporary exhibit and not a new permanent feature.

I loved their realistic but fragmented nature and the way they sat in the space looking like damaged classical works. The description mentions their different colours but I must admit I didn’t notice that at the time. I liked the way the one shown here combined a very finished real female figure and the jigsaw like male one.

Closes 6 August 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1