Marc Vaux: New Paintings


Fun exhibition at the Bernard Jacobson Gallery of new work by Marc Vaux.

These works are bright, geometric abstract works either flat or 3D in design. Of the flat ones  I Iiked the big squares with rainbow edges like the one shown here. I love the way you see more colour if you view them from the side. They feel like a cheerful Black Square!

I loved the low reliefs which are mounted on a circular hanging devise so they can be turned around so there unlimited ways to view the work however my favourite were the more 3D ones which intersected ovals and trapeze shapes in bright colours. Again they look different from different angles and reminded me of a 3D version a Dora Maar as shown recently at Tate Modern.

Closes 4 January 2020


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1