The Ceremony of Life: Early Works by Martin Parr

Delightful exhibition at the Photographers’ Gallery of work for sale by Martin Parr.

I have seen and loved Parr's work before with its close observation of British life in the 70s and 80s. The work came from various series by him including “Bad Weather” and “The Non-Conformists”.

I am partiality fond of his pictures from around Calderdale in West Yorkshire as it’s an area I know well and he catches its eccentricities. I’m very fond of the picture I am using here of an old man balanced precariously on a step ladder to wash the window above his front door.

Closes on 23 April 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1