Designing for Resilience

Confusing exhibition at the RIBA of the ten final proposals for designs to rebuild areas in the North West of the USA following Hurricane Sandy.

I say confused because I thought at first it was just about the organisation which held the completion. Rebuild by Design was formed as a way to bring governments and communities together with designers to imagine innovative ways to help safeguard the area against the consequences of climate change. However I then couldn’t work out what the photos were of. Eventually I got that they were competition finalists!

The show was displayed via a series of large banners with a description on one size and a large photo on the other. They fitted the space well but each one had a lot of information and I found them quite difficult to read and follow. However I did find some of them interesting, particularly those based near Asbury Park. I know the area from Springsteen trips and it’s great to see more redevelopment work being done there.

Closes on 28 April 2016.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1