The New Art of Making

Interesting exhibition at Foyles’ Bookshop on Charing Cross Road curated by curated by Futurecity in partnership with Price & Myers’ Geometrics looking at how the design process is changing with the growth in digitized/computerized deign.

The commentaries were a bit long and wordy. There were some interesting exhibits but I was not always clear from the commentaries whether they were just designs or had been made. I think a show which would be fascinating for designers but is a bit confusing to some of the rest of us, well me!

I did however love the arch of chairs which and been made for a housing development in Wycombe. The chairs were made, and the arch was put together by volunteers and when it was taken down the chairs were given back to them. What a lovely thing to have been involved in.

I also liked Slip Stream which had been designed for Heathrow. It’s a huge sculpture based on the movement of planes. I hadn’t heard about it and now I can’t wait to see it.

Closes 22 February.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1