Sister, Mother: The Cosmology of Rugman

Small exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery of new work but Rugman.

I’m afraid I found these too like the posters I might have had on my walls at University on the early 80s so I found them a bit retro and stylised rather than new and cutting edge! The commentary says they “explored the relationship between mankind and the natural environment” but I’m afraid I didn’t get it!

They were female figures with tattooed figures with birds’ heads. I did like the gold circles and discs behind many of the heads giving a nod back to early religious painting and the muted colours but I’m afraid I didn’t connect with them.

Closes on 2 February 2016.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1