RICS Infrastructure Photography Competition

Small exhibition at RICS HQ of the winners of the First RICS Infrastructure Photography Completion. I have to confess a bias here as I work for RICS and this show was right outside my office in the Library for a fortnight!

The most popular subject seemed to be bridges as I guess they provide a useful framing devise such as Chris Ambrose’s “Bridges over Potato Wharf, Rochdale”. 

I loved Mina Waters “Victorian Waters” of Horney Wood Reservoir which appears to go on and on for ever. However my favourite was the winner, Rita Testa’s “Double Travel” which showed two trains on lines outside London Bridge on a new section of overhead lines.  I travel on this section of line a lot so it was interesting to see it from a different angle and I liked the tension of how close the trains are to each other.

It was a nice touch to show these alongside archive pictures from the Institution of Civil Engineers and pictures of innovative current projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1