Out of Sync


Wonderful installation in the courtyard of Somerset House by Fernando Casasempere.

The whole of the courtyard has been given over to a low grass mound covered in ceramic flowers in shades of brown, cream and pink. Each one is individually made and mounted on metal stem. They are arranged in clumps and give the effect of a meadow of flowers.

The work made me feel very peaceful and I wanted to walk round all sides of it to get the different views. If it had been a bit warmed it would have been nice to just sit with it. It reminded me slightly of Anthony Gormley’s “Fields” which also give me this immense sense of calm. Although it is called “Out of Sync” it had the opposite effect on me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1