Cold War Modern: Design 1945-70

Exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum looking at design during the years of the Cold War.

I must admit I was slightly disappointed by the exhibition. I was expecting it to look at domestic design and things like the festival of Britain, rather as the Art Deco and Art Nouveau exhibitions did. Instead it looked at very high end design with a strong focus on architecture and engineering design, I had excepted it to be international but the concentration seemed to be on Eastern Europe with splattering of the USA.

Having said that though there were some stunning objects. It was lovely to see a collection of Picasso ceramics made for the a peace congress and I loved the big biosphere with a hammock inside.

All in all it was very serious and dare I say a little self regarding.

Reviews
Times
Independent
Daily Telegraph
Evening Standard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1